At the beginning of the year, Facebook released a new explainer on how its news feed algorithm works. In September 2021, it has released the types of posts it would limit the reach. Every platform strives hard to retain its users with the help of content creators. So, if you are going to add value to the users of the platform, you will see the desirable results automatically. Keep reading to know what kind of content you can schedule in the mere future and the improvisation you and your team will have to work on.
Facebook says that:
“Our content distribution guidelines outline some of the types of content that receive a reduced distribution in the News Feed. Our enforcements to reduce problematic content in News Feed are rooted in our commitment to the values of responding to people’s direct feedback, incentivizing publishers to invest in high-quality content and fostering a safer community”
Here are some of the types of content which Facebook terms as problematic and misleading:
- Low-quality video: Static images uploaded as videos without dynamic audio, live broadcasts that are animated or pre-recorded.
- Low-quality browsing experience: Websites with too many internal errors and that are not mobile-friendly.
- Low-quality events: Events with incomplete guidelines and regulations. Pages that are suspected to be scammy and unauthorized behavior.
- Low-quality Comments: Comments that are pasted from some other source, random links of websites, and tagging a particular username without any content.
- Spammy pages: Pages that are predicted by Facebook to be using malware
- Health Content: Pages that promote scammy products or medical treatments that provide an instant cure, etc.
- Links to unnecessary websites: Pages that provide outbound links to websites that demand personal information before showing the content.
- Engagement Bait: Posts that request for engagement such as like, comment, share, etc. without any value or even promoting hatred towards other creators, celebrities, and politicians.
Facebook has found from their user feedback that they do not enjoy such posts which prompt them to like, comment, or vote without any specific reasons. Therefore, Facebook will reduce the reach of posts that ask the audience to like and comment for two different people, share to show their support, share to help them find a missing child or a person, etc. Try adding original content created by you and limit sharing others’ content like news articles without transparent authorship.
Read more and stay updated with the new algorithm released by Facebook to create quality content and stay at the top of the news feed. Keep providing valuable content to people and support the needy.